Thursday, January 24, 2013

Bathroom Buffet

Good Lord. I say it over and over and over again. There is never a dull moment 'round these parts!  I took 10 minutes to put clothes away in a bedroom and during that time my children were creating an all-you-can-eat vegetable buffet in the sink of my downstairs bathroom!  As I walked out of said bedroom, I see one 3 year old walking down the stairs with a pack of tortillas and the other 3 year old with a wooden spoon and spatula...
When I followed them downstairs, I knew it wouldn't be good. I found my oldest in the bathroom, washing carrots and broccoli in a sink full of water.
First of all,  I am extremely repulsed by bathroom sinks. Not a whole lot bothers me and I'm nowhere near a "germaphobe". However the location in which one spits their toothpaste gargle is not the same place where one should be washing food designated for eating. Secondly, my oldest son (vegetable washer boy) is home from school ill today with the diarrhea!  Therefore, he shouldn't be handling food meant for consumption today, regardless of where it is prepared.
The mess was minimal, and really did make me smile, however I just can't help but roll my eyes and wonder, "What next?"

No comments:

Post a Comment