Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Holy Hell

I can't come up with a better post title than "Holy Hell".

Case in point: My husband has become obsessed with feeding deer. Not because he's got a soft spot for the cuddly, sweet creatures of God's creation, but because if you plant the foods they like, they will come and eat them and then when it's deer-hunting season, they will come and eat and you'll be in your tree stand and then you can shoot them. Not necessarily inhumane, as it's not like they are coming into our yard and we are naming them and petting them, but...

Anyhow, as stated above, this has become an obsession. Hours and hours, and dollars and dollars have been put into the planning and creating of these "food plots". Hours have been spent on websites and participating in forums talking to "the best of the best" in locating where the deer go...where to plant said food plots, etc. There is a "master" of deer-food-plotting located out of Milwaukee. He has offered to do an all-day training for ore obsessed food plot planners (let's call them the OFPP) and the hubs really wants to go. He then says.... "I've met these other guys from around our area and I was thinking I could offer them to stay at our house on Friday night and we would leave together for Milwaukee to save on hotel costs."

After I find out that he doesn't, in fact, "know" these guys other than from "chatting" online with them while talking about OFPP, I about hit the roof. I mean, seriously. Dear God. Holy Hell. You can assume that I quietly and kindly reminded my life partner (or am I really talking to a 13-year-old girl who just met the love of her life ONLINE?!) that I just didn't think it a good idea to invite STRANGE MEN into our home in which his THREE YOUNG SONS and WIFE will lay sleeping unsuspectingly in a beautiful DEEP SLUMBER and would prefer to NOT be raped and bludgeoned to death by STRANGE MEN obsessed with deer food plots.

Fortunately he responded, "okay, okay. I get it".

Holy Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment