Thursday, February 2, 2012

Queen of Multitasking...(Well, almost)

I like to think of myself as an amazing multi-tasker.  Seriously!  I can be in the kitchen, making dinner, a snack for the kids, serve the snack to the kids, texting a friend, answering a phone call, singing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" (in rounds, nonetheless) all within the same 5 minutes timeframe.  (Did I mention I could also be filling the dishwasher in between texts?)

However.

I have discovered something that I absolutely cannot do.

I cannot put my socks on while taking a pee.

The other day I was in a hurry.  As I am getting ready to sit down and pull my socks on, I realize I had to pee.  So I went into the bathroom, sat down on the toilet and started to "go".  I then started to pull my sock on.  And guess what happened?!  My pee stopped!  Seriously!  I had to put my foot back down on the floor, CONCENTRATE on peeing again, and then it happened.  When I "consciously" tried to keep peeing and pull my sock on, the pee still stopped.

It totally stumped me.  Here I thought I was the best multi-tasker in the world, but I cannot even put socks on while urinating.

Some things in life are just not fair.

Or....are they?  Would YOU want me to make your dinner while I was peeing on the toilet?  What about just mixing up some cookie dough by hand, while sitting on the pot?

Yep.  Thinking that is is one that I'm going to have to let go. 

Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment